Thursday, April 30, 2009

Twitter-ing to Lose Weight?

This morning as I ate my cereal at the breakfast table I opened up the explorer and an unusual page opened up. The title was, "Using Twitter and Blogging to Lose Weight." Twitter and Blogging to lost weight huh?? I was thoroughly confused for a little bit untile I actually read the article. It talks about how people are using Twitter not just to keep in contact with friend and see where the latest celebrities are and what they're up to. They're actually using Twitter to keep track of their calorie intake and fat count. Isn't that weird? I've heard of the iPod application that keep track of your calories, but Twitter? Oh and get this, people have actually testified to have lost TONS of weight doing this application! Social networking is gaining new things everyday. Using a social network to lose weight?? Soon we won't just live on the Internet, the Internet will consume us!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really interesting. I wonder if it really works or if people are just saying that to get more people to join the social networking sites. I mean how can they help you when all you are doing is sitting at a computer when you could be doing something active like taking a walk or playing a game outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using twitter to lose weight? This is one of the craziest things I have heard in a while. That seems so strange and bizarre to me. How can the Internet help you to lose weight? First of all when I saw the title of the blog, I was immediately interested. When I read it, I immediately agreed with greek girl because she is right, the internet is going to consume our lives if people are not only using twitter to track celebrity gossip, but now to count calories and fat content. As crazy as it sounds, I guess it actually worked if people wrote real testimonials describing how well this counting of calories worked. Did twitter work better than other online weight loss programs? I decided to do some research and see what I could find. I found that because twitter was public and a lot of people could read what you wrote, your friends that read your calories and fat intake could act as a support system and sometimes use peer pressure to help your weight loss goals. Strange…What’s going to be the next thing we do online?

    ReplyDelete